Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Across the Miles

Hi Everyone, firstly I'd like to welcome my new followers and also to thank you all for your lovely comments, they are very much appreciated.

Well it's been absolutely miserable for the past few days here, so what better way to spend the day than to craft.

I decided I'd make a Christmas card, well it'll soon be here and I need to get my finger out and I chose to make an easel card.



The image I have used is Across the Miles from Crafters Companion's Mulberry Wood range. I have coloured this with Promarkers and then used a scalloped oval die to cut out and then mounted it on to a larger scalloped oval cut from red card, from my stash. I then printed a backing paper from the Mulberry Wood CD and cut an oval from it to mount my image.

The base of the card has been matted and layered with the same card and paper as has the stopper. I have added a red ribbon and some lace to this stopper as well as a sentiment which has been edged with bundled sage distress ink. I have finished it off with a little red bow and a sprinkle of polar white Flowersoft.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out, it's such a cute image as are the rest in the Mulberry Wood range and I'm loving the CD.

I'd love to know what you think, so please leave me a little comment, don't be shy


Take Care

Andrea xx

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges

Krafty Hands September Challenge - ribbons and lace
Linda Simpson's Challenge - Christmas

8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Andrea! I love easel cards and the image is fabulous. Thank you for entering into both Kraftyhands and My challenge. Good Luck and look forward to seeing you again next time.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Andrea. I adore Mulberry Woods...can't wait for them to bring out the non Christmas one...though not just yet cause I'm skint, lol.
    Best of luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card - its such a cute stamp. Thank you for joining us at Kraftyhands Challenge this month and we look forward to seeing you next time!
    Mandy x (Kraftyhands DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant easel card Andrea. Thank you for joining us at Kraftyhands blog challenge, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card. Thank you for joining in the Kraftyhands challenge. Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Andrea and good luck in the challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Andrea - great characters aren't they? Love your colour choice - traditional but a bit 'funky' too!

    Su x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on winning the Kraftyhands Challenge Andrea.
    xx

    ReplyDelete