Tuesday, 26 February 2013

White on White

Good Afternoon Everyone it's a gorgeous sunny but cold day here, hope you're having a lovely day wherever you are.
I'll show you today's card in just a minute but before I do I'd like to say thank you for all the lovely comments you have been posting on my blog, I love reading them and they are very much appreciated.

The card today is one I made after being challenged by some friends to make a white on white card with an image. I was a bit dubious to start with but once I got started I really enjoyed making it, though I have to admit the first couple of attempts went into the bin.

This was a tricky one to photograph but the red background and bright sunshine helped.

The card is 6x6, the first layer has been embossed using a swiss dots embossing folder from Cuttlebug.
The second layer is the same white card which has some snowflakes stamped  ( free gift, I think) on it and heat embossed using some white embossing powder from Stampendous.
The cute image is gift box bears from La Pashe, this has been die cut using a die from Xcut and I have added some crystal glitter to the edge.
I was orginally going to using snow flakes die cut from glitter card but it looked a bit grey so I die cut them from white card then sprayed them with stick and stay from Crafters Companion and then dipped them in crystal glitter and got a lovely fluffy effect.
I finished the card off with the Memory Box die Frosty Border, a ribbon and bow from my stash, a sentiment printed from my computer and a snowflake embellishment also from my stash.

I'd love to know what you think, so please leave a little comment

 
I'd like to enter this into the folllowing challenges
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Andrea this is gorgeous so pretty. very topical given the cold weather! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely gorgeous Andrea! Bet you'll be doing more white on white now. It's just a case of switching from using colours to using textures and shapes. I'm still looking for white glitter card but every time I buy stuff which is supposed to be white and looks white, it no longer looks white when put against white card, lol.
    Really lovely card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is simply beautiful - I love that image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card Andrea.. I always struggle with white on white... You have done a fab job..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Andrea this is gorgeous the design is fantastic and I love the cute images.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Andrea,I love white on white, and this is no exception.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Andrea - and I can see you're going to be well prepared when Chr... nope... just can't bring myself to say the word just yet... comes around. lol!

    Good luck with your challenges.

    Hugs

    Su xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute image and beautiful design. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, great image and embossing. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge.

    Sylvia
    CBN DT Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, love the all white look. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, Good luck and hope you will join us again
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card, Andrea, I do love white on white, looks so classy
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute card Andrea - stunning in white! :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete