Thursday, 3 October 2013

Roaaaaaar

Well, it's been a while since I was near my poor neglected blog so I've come back with a bit of noise, a roar to be precise.

I needed to make a card for a little boy and couldn't think what I'd go for and then I remembered about the Kraftyhands Dangerous Dinosaurs mini CD. Before I started the card I popped over to their challenge blog and discovered that their current challenge was to use a sketch.

It would have been rude not to have a go.



The card is 8x8 covered in orange card then I've layered on birthday blocks backing paper in blue. I've then used a background from one of the decoupage sets to create the three panels and these have also been matted onto some orange card. For the section at the bottom I've used the blue silhouette paper also from the disc as is the Happy Birthday sentiment and the decoupaged dinosaur. The orange border is Joanna sheen's lace edger 2 die from her signature range. The card has been finished with some orange gems and some orange twine including the little bow under the sentiment.

Hope to be back again soon, until then be good and happy crafting

Andrea xx


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges

http://kraftyhandschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/september-challenge-sketch.html

http://scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/challenge-2-always-anything-goes.html




6 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Andrea.Love the blue and orange and I am sure the little boy will love it too. Thank you for joining in the Kraftyhands challenge.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute to be scary !! Hi Andrea.
    great take on sketch and fab papers chosen to coordinate with fun image ..
    Thanks for sharing on Kraftyhands challenge Blog . Hope that we see more of your talent .
    cheers Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Andrea! Jamie loves it for obvious reasons. Fab colours and layout.
    You should enter it into the Scribble and Scrap Challenge too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea, please contact Mike for your Top 3 badge.Your card is great.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back to say it's still a fab card (lol) and thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that's such a great boy's card! I love the blue with the orange and great use of the sketch to make that scene!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Scribbles and Scrap Challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky I have some candy on my blog ;o) http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/09/400-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete